Keith Miles continues as Captain of the Mens Veterans Team for the 2016/17 season.
The team plays its home games on a Monday evenings at Stratford High School and travels throughout Warwickshire playing midweek games.
Keith can be contacted by email: email@example.com; mobile: 07787-104758 home: 01608 682540.
|Home strip:||Black Shirt; White Shorts; Black & White Hooped Socks|
|Away strip:||White Shirt; White Shorts; White Socks|
|12 Sep 2016||20:00||Home||Ladies1s||-||Pending|
|3 Oct 2016||00:00||Away||Warwick||-||Pending|
|24 Oct 2016||20:00||Home||Pershore||-||Pending|
|31 Oct 2016||00:00||Away||Hampton||-||Pending|
|7 Nov 2016||20:00||Home||Stouport||-||Pending|
|23 Nov 2016||00:00||Away||Lansdown||-||Pending|
|28 Nov 2016||20:00||Home||Old Shillians||-||Pending|
|9 Jan 2017||00:00||Away||Warwick||-||Pending|
|15 Feb 2017||00:00||Away||Pershore||-||Pending|
|20 Feb 2017||20:00||Home||Lansdown||-||Pending|
|28 Feb 2017||00:00||Away||Stouport||-||Pending|
|6 Mar 2017||20:00||Home||Hampton||-||Pending|
|15 Mar 2017||00:00||Away||Old Shillians||-||Pending|
Reasons why you are a keeper:
1. You’re the last line in defence, but first in line for teas
2. People ask “do you have a ball?” or “do you have any tape?” all the time
3. Fellow players hit you on the legguards, thinking you like it
4. You have the highest pain tolerance of all your mates
5. When people say well done, you just nod and smirk behind the mask
6. Your kit bag has a certain ‘odour’, usually like old sweat
7. You get told on a weekly basis that you are mad to be a keeper
8. You don’t like centre forwards – at all – but play up front when on pitch
9. You know where your posts are better than you know your bank account
10. Kids want to be you, their parents do not!
11. You have mutual respect for other keepers and applaud their saves
12. You don’t just shake hands with other keepers, you grab right hands and say well done.
13. You celebrate goals but no one else sees
14. You have a certain swagger that befits the number 1 person in the term.
15. You don’t get mentioned in the starting line up – the other 12 or 13 are unsure of their place but you are not.
16. Big forwards aren’t so big when you hit them
17. You do quality Hollywood saves, secretly wishing you are on TV or someone snapped it!
18. You look at a pitch to see how slippery it is
19. You have no respect for team-mates if they get in the way
20. Every goal is a pain…you blame the defence if you can
21. Standing chatting to spectators or subs is okay – it keeps you awake
22. Your bag is full of smocks, straps, bottles, balls, tape and other random things
23. The first thing in your bag is the box – never play without one kids!
24. You shout a lot, but no one hears
25. You have your own team of people who will work their socks off to prevent trouble comming your way! (and thus give you a lovely rest and time to put your padded feet up and become a spectator in the comfort of your of your own goal)
26. You’re there because you’re not ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!