New for the 2017- 18 season the sixth team is a development side, captianed by Dave Dunnett (firstname.lastname@example.org), for those stepping up from Badgers hockey to senior men's hockey.
|Home strip:||Black Shirt; Black Shorts ; Black Socks|
|Away strip:||White Shirt; Black Shorts; White Socks|
|11 Nov 2017||14:00||Home||Old Halesonians 5||Draw 1 - 1||View|
|18 Nov 2017||00:00||Away||Worcester 8||Draw 3 - 3||View|
|25 Nov 2017||15:30||Home||Edgbaston 8||Draw 2 - 2||View|
|2 Dec 2017||00:00||Away||Bromsgrove 5||-||Pending|
|9 Dec 2017||15:30||Home||Olton & West Warwick 6||-||Pending|
|16 Dec 2017||00:00||Away||Redditch 4||-||Pending|
|20 Jan 2018||12:30||Home||Stratford 5 (Henley)||-||Pending|
|27 Jan 2018||12:30||Home||Bournville 4 (Henley)||-||Pending|
|10 Feb 2018||00:00||Home||Olton & West Warwick 5||-||Pending|
|17 Feb 2018||00:00||Away||Old Halesonians 5||-||Pending|
|24 Feb 2018||15:30||Home||Worcester 8||-||Pending|
|3 Mar 2018||00:00||Away||Edgbaston 8||-||Pending|
|10 Mar 2018||12:30||Home||Bromsgrove 5 (Henley)||-||Pending|
|17 Mar 2018||00:00||Away||Olton & West Warwick 6||-||Pending|
|24 Mar 2018||11:00||Home||Redditch 4||-||Pending|
Reasons why you are a keeper:
1. You’re the last line in defence, but first in line for teas
2. People ask “do you have a ball?” or “do you have any tape?” all the time
3. Fellow players hit you on the legguards, thinking you like it
4. You have the highest pain tolerance of all your mates
5. When people say well done, you just nod and smirk behind the mask
6. Your kit bag has a certain ‘odour’, usually like old sweat
7. You get told on a weekly basis that you are mad to be a keeper
8. You don’t like centre forwards – at all – but play up front when on pitch
9. You know where your posts are better than you know your bank account
10. Kids want to be you, their parents do not!
11. You have mutual respect for other keepers and applaud their saves
12. You don’t just shake hands with other keepers, you grab right hands and say well done.
13. You celebrate goals but no one else sees
14. You have a certain swagger that befits the number 1 person in the term.
15. You don’t get mentioned in the starting line up – the other 12 or 13 are unsure of their place but you are not.
16. Big forwards aren’t so big when you hit them
17. You do quality Hollywood saves, secretly wishing you are on TV or someone snapped it!
18. You look at a pitch to see how slippery it is
19. You have no respect for team-mates if they get in the way
20. Every goal is a pain…you blame the defence if you can
21. Standing chatting to spectators or subs is okay – it keeps you awake
22. Your bag is full of smocks, straps, bottles, balls, tape and other random things
23. The first thing in your bag is the box – never play without one kids!
24. You shout a lot, but no one hears
25. You have your own team of people who will work their socks off to prevent trouble comming your way! (and thus give you a lovely rest and time to put your padded feet up and become a spectator in the comfort of your of your own goal)
26. You’re there because you’re not ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!