The evening is of great tradition for SHC players, old and new, and tends to have a buzzing end-of-season atmosphere. Those early mornings meets, frustrating losses, cut knees and bruised egos are long forgotten and everyone is in the mood to party!
In a nutshell, you can expect…
- Lots of smartly dressed players, differing in age, ability and style. The Men drag out their jackets and look very dapper (for at least an hour), and the ladies pop on their party frocks to brighten up the club.
- Grace before dinner (a must)
- A delicious three course dinner (you will spot the oldies having cheese and biscuits with a glass of port to follow – please don’t feel you are missing out, it will be you one day)
- Awards to recognise members that go the extra mile
- The club theme tune ‘Sweet Caroline’ by Neil Diamond will be belting out – at this point please hit the dance floor, and follow the moves of those with air trombones, with excitement.
- Celebrate the end of a hopefully successful, if not fun and eventful, season with your fellow players
- Everyone has a ball (not a hockey ball)…and a lot to drink (over 18s only).
Kick off at 7pm (dinner will be served by 8pm)
Dress code: Smart
Cost: Senior £20 and Juniors £15 (payable by cheque, cash or by bank transfer)
*Under 18s must be collected from the club by a parent/guardian at 10.30pm please
Cheques to be made out to ‘Stratford Sports Club Hockey Section’.
Stratford Hockey Club
Please let Neil Jones know when you have made payment by email email@example.com
Can each team PLEASE nominate a ‘players dinner representative’ to collect money, collate menu choices and rally the troops.
Any questions, please contact Hayley Nicholls.