We have a thriving Junior Section, that sees boys and girls enjoy a wide range of training and competitions at local and regional tournaments. The vision for the Junior section is to be one of the best performing and largest participation clubs in Warwickshire, offering an experience that has enjoyment at the heart of everything we do. We believe that every child who joins our club deserves a great experience and that we should be professional in everything we do. As a result, we have a clear participation and performance pathway that looks to cater for junior hockey players of all levels of ability.
To deliver our Junior coaching we rely on a range of skilled and qualified coaches and volunteers as well as a dedicated Junior Committee committed to the Junior section to support a great player and parent experience. We are currently looking to recruit a paid coach to support the more technical demands of the role, please contact the committee if interested.
Our Junior Chairman for the 2020/2021 season is Indy Dhillon who also acts as out Club Welfare Officer, she is joined by Sarah Davies our Junior Fixtures lead, Luke Garner our Head of Junior Coaching, Helen Howells as Communication Officer and Stuart Guise as coaching development advisor. If you would like to contact the committee please use firstname.lastname@example.org , if you are making a new enquiry to join, please use the enquiry function on the web site and we will reply to your query.
Training details (every week from September through to Easter excluding school holidays):
Training will commence on Weds 16th of September and Thurs 17th of September 2020. NB Week 26th Oct Half term NO training sessions
Wednesdays – Stratford High School – Astro Pitch
· Years 2,3,4 & 5 – U8/U10 Squad 6pm -6.40/50pm – DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 5.50pm
· Year 6&7 -U12 Squad 6pm- 7pm - DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 5.50pm
· Year 8&9 -U14 Squad 7pm – 8pm - DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 6.50pm
· Junior Goal Keeper Training all ages 7pm - 8pm -DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 6.50pm
Thursdays - Stratford High School – Astro Pitch
· Year 10&11 U16 Squad -7pm- 8pm - By Invitation --DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 6.50pm
There is a minimum standard required to attend each session if you are unsure on which session please send an enquiry to the mailbox or ask the Head Coach at one of the above sessions.
Our expectations of parents, children and the club are contained in the - Policies Page.
To assist this goal the support of parents/guardians is required by adherence to a code of conduct as follows:
- Ensure that their child is wearing the appropriate hockey kit (i.e. sportswear, no jeans) and appropriate safety protection namely gum shields and shin pads;
- Drop off children on time and be there to collect them promptly;
- Complete the relevant membership form and ensure they are updated (emergency numbers are essential); and EH Participation form
- Follow all Covid 19 Guidelines,http://www.stratfordhockey.co.uk/important___co_vid_19_information
- Encourage fair play.
Tournaments and fixtures
We organise a range of fixtures and tournaments throughout the year for our U10s-U14s, with additional opportunities for U16 and U18s. These are generally arranged on Sundays and commitment where possible to these dates is appreciated. Details of all tournament and fixtures can be found in our member's area in the calendar. If you do not have a login and password then please contact the junior coordinators who can assist you or request a password from the contact us link.
We are extremely proud of all of our junior player's achievements, many have and are part of strong Warwickshire squads for boys and girls across all age groups. There is the opportunity for our talented juniors to progress to Junior Development Centres and Junior Academy Centres, more info can be found on the Warwickshire Hockey website. Details below;
If you would like more information regarding Warwickshire Hockey, please click here.